Management & Snr Appointments - Temporary
Head Chef – Mansfield – £12.02p/h – Free Meals – Bespoke Training & Development – Apply Today!
Nexus People are recruiting for a Head Chef for our client, based at a newly refurbished catering facility at NG20 8RY. Due to the location please check travel arrangements if you don’t have your own transport.
Specific Responsibilities as a Head Chef:
To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used, and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by the Catering Manager.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that it effectively meets the need of the location.
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
Head Chef Client Service:
To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards as outlined in the Restaurant and Grab & Go guides, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To ensure that you deliver what you promise to the customer, client and team.
- To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with client expectations.
- To deal with complaints about food in accordance with the company’s procedure.
To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To ensure training is carried out in line with the company training policy to meet the needs and requirements of the individual.
- To ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and motivated about their roles and the business through effective induction, accurate job descriptions and on-the-job training.
- To develop the team by empowering them, supporting them, encouraging them, and maintaining an ‘open door’ policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
To ensure that all standards of food preparation and service are established and achieved in line with location budget.
- To consistently look at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising.
- To maintain budgetary records and ensure that all budgets are adhered to, unless exceptional circumstances arise.
- To order all necessary food, dry goods and equipment, obtaining best buys in line with directives from Supply Chain.
- To complete, on a monthly basis, a stock take and evaluate and calculate the cost of sales results.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environment legislations and procedures.
- To conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures with regard to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the company manual.
- To ensure all kitchen staff and high-risk food handlers are trained to the appropriate standard.
- To ensure all appropriate staff are trained on the use and cleaning of dangerous equipment.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To make recommendations for renewal and replacement of equipment when required.
- To establish and maintain location cleaning schedules.
- To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practiced by all employees.
- To attend all health and safety training courses as required.
- To promote and encourage environment improving initiative, as appropriate within the business.
Additional Responsibilities for our Head Chef:
To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your Manager and attending training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Management.
- To assist / deputize for Catering Manager.
Head Chef benefits:
- 20 days holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
What our client is looking for in a Head Chef:
- Display a real passion for food
- Good secondary education
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Head Chef requirements:
- Plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required
- Ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- Control portion size and monitor waste
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
- Maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from, where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
If you have previous experience working as a Head Chef, and are interested in this role – please click to apply today.Apply for this job