HGV Driving & Logistics - Temporary
£11.50 - £17 per hour, Benefits: HGV Class 1 Drivers - Apply Today!
HGV Class 1 Driver
HGV Driver – Class 1 – Carlisle – Backshifts/Night Trunks – Ongoing Work – Apply Today!
Nexus People are looking for HGV Class 1 drivers in Carlisle, to work for one of the UK’s leading logistics and parcel distribution companies.
* Please note – you must have a current CLASS 1 Driving Licence to be eligible for this role *
What does working as a Class 1 Driver entail?
- Driving an HGV – Class 1
- RDC Work
- Clean Trunking working with the UK’s leading parcel delivery brand in Carlisle
- Vehicle Maintenance Checks
- Route and delivery paperwork completion
Shift times & working hours for a Class 1 Driver
- Immediate Starts
- Any 5 over 7 shifts
- Back Shift/ Night Shift Trunks
Why should you work for Nexus People as a Class 1 Driver?
- Guaranteed hours
- Free CPC Modules!
Complete a free CPC module for every 12 months of ongoing service completed, up to 5 years!
- Referral incentives – bring another driver with you and get rewarded!
- Immediate Starts
- Pension Scheme
- Mortgage References
- Paid holidays
- Weekly Pay
- PAYE & LTD Drivers welcome
- Use of a microwave/vending machines/hot drinks facilities
- Free onsite car parking
- 24-hour support from the Nexus team – always someone to speak to
- Temp to perm opportunities
What do we need from you to be a Class 1 Driver?
- Full Class 1 driving licence
- Only 3 months experience required
- 90 days tacho recorded driving in the last 180 days
- We will accept up to 6 points on your licence, but no DD, TT, DR, CD, IN endorsements
- Digi Tachograph Card
- DCPC Card
- Completion of a full corporate driving assessment
Click “apply” today and our recruitment team will be in touch with you soon!
Super Important Bits:
** Please note all Government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 must be adhered to. 2m distancing is required at all times, and all other safety requirements must be adhered to **
Please be aware, Nexus People do NOT charge any fees for arranging work for you – if anyone asks you for money to organise an interview or assessment, please contact our HR team immediately.