HGV Driving & Logistics - Temporary
£11.5 - £17 per hour, Benefits: Flexible Shifts to suit...
HGV Class 1 Drivers – Part Time – Evenings & Nights – Friday to Sunday
Part Time – HGV Class 1 drivers – Friday to Sunday Work – Earn up to £17p/h – £500 Christmas Bonus!
We have a fantastic opportunity for HGV Class 1 drivers to come and work for us on a part time basis in Rochdale. This is on an ongoing contract with the view of a perm position after the qualifying period. All you need is an HGV 1 licence!
About the job…
Following a detailed training programme, you will be put on specific routes for the first 3 months. These routes we class as ‘green,’ are the least challenging and this will help to you gain that experience you’re looking for whilst using all the skills you’ve been trained on. For the next 6 months you will complete the ‘amber’ and ‘red’ routes until you’re fully confident and are able to do any route required ranging from standard trailers to longer semi double deck trailers with rear steer axels.
During this period, you will have a driver mentor that you can contact should you have any questions.
The timescales for this may change, it’s completely dependent on you as every driver is different.
- Local store deliveries or trunking work
- Although drivers unload the vehicles using roll cages and tail lift, this is clean easy work
- Completing daily vehicle checks
- Modern fleet that is well maintained
- Ongoing work all year round leading to a permanent position on successful completion of the training course
Start times & working hours…
- Evening and Night work
- Friday to Sunday
- Start Times between 19:00 and 01:00
- Various shift patterns available – this will include working a day at the weekend as part of your working week
- All shifts are paid at a minimum of 8 hours per day
Why should you work for Nexus People?
- Free CPC Modules!
Complete a free CPC module for every 12 months of ongoing service completed, up to 5 years!
- Driver of the month competitions with prizes worth up to £100
- Paid training
- Ongoing support/training
- Both PAYE and LTD drivers welcome
- Nexus team based onsite 5 days a week
- Monthly engagement where your voice is heard
- Free parking onsite
- Pension scheme
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay
- Nexus uniform provided once training has been completed
- Bonus/increased pay in peak periods/paid breaks
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Free onsite gym
At Nexus People, we have almost 30 years’ experience in getting people in to work within the warehousing and HGV sectors, and we are honest about the roles we have to offer.
Making sure we connect you with the right opportunity is what is really important to us.
Click “apply” today and our recruitment team will be in touch to progress your application. To have a look at our other available roles, please visit our website on www.nexus-people.com. If you have already applied on line and haven’t heard back (please allow us a couple of days to get to your application) then please call us on 0330 20 20 121 and leave your details for our recruitment team to call you back.
Please be aware, Nexus People do NOT charge any fees for arranging work for you – if anyone asks you for money to organise an interview or assessment, please contact our HR team immediately.