Management & Snr Appointments - Permanent
£25000 per annum
Warehouse Section Manager – Day Shifts
Job title: Warehouse Section Manager
Salary: circa £25,000 per annum
Our client, a leading sportsretailer are seeking an experienced Warehouse Section Manager to support the Operational Management team to maximise the performance and productivity of warehouse operations through the correct allocation and undertaking of tasks to and through the appropriate warehouse personnel.
Having automation and /or voice picking experience and a knowledge of in “High Jump” warehouse management systems would be advantageous.
You must have experience in investigations/disciplinary’s, as you will would be looking after up to 1,000 staff working as a team with the other Section Managers/Shift Managers.
Additionally, IOSH or Training qualifications would be an advantage but compulsory
The hours of work are across days, evenings, nights working a 45-hour week with 2 x 30 minutes break per day. That means they will be onsite 10 hours per day, but 9 hours paid.
5 from 7 rota.
Days – 5:30am – 3:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To clearly communicate department targets on a regular basis to your respective teams.
- To execute and manage any changes to the operation.
- To be responsible for ensuring Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policy and legislation and proper reporting of incidents and/or near incidents in accordance with procedure.
- To manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of the daily warehouse activities.
- To provide leadership to Supervisors by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices.
- To manage own and other less senior personnel workloads and exercise discretion when identifying areas of improvement.
- To demonstrate sound judgment in decision making.
- To monitor and report all work related goals including operational KPI’s.
- To establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service both internal and external of the company.
- To ensure productive and robust communications through the chain of responsibility within the warehouse.
- The effective supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control.
- To ensure all administration duties as required are completed to ensure daily KPI performance is achieved.
- To deputise for a Shift Managers during holidays and sickness periods as required and directed by Operational Management.
- To analyse and evaluate situations to produce a range of effective solutions to problems within the warehouse function.
- To keep the Operational Management Team abreast of any issues or potential issues that may mean an alteration in warehouse plans/ arrangements.
- To assist and support the Shift Managers in co-ordinating and conducting investigation meetings with members of staff when appropriate and ensuring that Company procedures are adhered to.
- To lead by setting an exemplary example to others.
- To play a leading role in the security procedures in use at the warehouse.
- To carry out any reasonable request by a member of the Operational Management Team.
- To promote an open and honest working environment.
- To assume the responsibility of First Aider & Fire Warden.
- To be smart in appearance and conscious of personal hygiene at all times.
- To be courteous and enthusiastic.
- To be conscious of the need to promote a positive and professional image of the company at all times.
- To be aware of the need to set a good example to less senior members of staff.
- To be able to handle responsibility in a professional manner.
- To be able to act on ones own initiative.
- To demonstrate enthusiasm and determination at all times in order to meet targets.
The above listed tasks are a representative selection in order to perform the job to a high standard, but are by no means the entire responsibility of a Warehouse Supervisor.